Assemble your toolbox so you are ready for opportunities
· Bios, Photos, and Recordings
· Website and Social Media Considerations
· Personal Presentation
· Press Releases
· Advertising and Earned Media
· Imaginative Programming and Supporting Materials
· Audition Guidance (optional)
Artist Management and Entrepreneurship
You are a business so act accordingly
· Effective Written and Verbal Communication
· The Artist/Manager Relationship
· Advocating for Your Artistic Organization or Artist
· Deciding When You Need (and don’t need) a Manager or Publicist
· Choosing Your Team or Circle of Advisors
· Relationship Building with Community and Individuals
Contracts and Legal Agreements
It’s about so much more than the money
· Contracts/Agreements Basics
· Negotiation of Contracts and Terms
· Working With (not against) Presenters
· Mock Negotiations and Exercises
· International Issues (Visas, Work Permits, Currency Exchange, Wire Transfers)
Building your brand through images, written content, video, and imaginative programming takes thoughtful planning and execution. If you need to launch, revitalize, or reimagine your brand, I can guide you through the process and provide a sounding board for ideas and implementation. Artists, Presenters, Educators, all are welcome!
As an active artist manager, my positive and negative work experiences give an authentic view of the daily work in music business. My philosophy of "you are a business" permeates my workshops that offer real-world examples and interactive dialogue to give emerging performers and arts administrators practical information on their career path. I also partner with Angela Brown to enhance the workshops.
See It Takes Two Workshop description above.
Spending time with the next generation of arts administrators, performers, music educators, audio engineers, producers, composers, fundraisers (hopefully, some future donors), and artist managers energizes me. I always gain new perspectives from every opportunity to dialogue with student groups.
Just need 10 minutes to talk to a real person about where you are and where you're headed? Talk to a manager who shoots straight from the hip. An open mind is required. Be sure you're ready.
Copyright © 2021 JEJ Artists - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy